Sunday, May 6, 2007

Music...


Where can I even start about music? It is one of my best friends and will be forever. Whenever I eat ice creams, I can almost hear my mom saying " you are gonna spoil your voice". Never really thought of it much, till I went to college. After singing in a few competitions and winning them, I realised I had an OK voice and atleast I am able to hold the note...(Thanks to my teacher who had taught carnatic vocal for 6 years, who had really put up with my nonsense).

Whether it is SPB singing "munpaniya" or Hariharan singing "kadhalai yaradi mudhalil solvadhu" or Haricharan singing "Unnai kandenne".... They all can put smile in the face and a give a very very heavy heart... If I keep saying about all my favourite songs, I think this space won't be enough. I haven't even started on the female playback singers and there is carnatic vocal, instrumental, Hindustani ghazals, and then there is all other genres like hip hop, blues, reggae, rap, Latin, Persian, etc etc ....

I can talk for an eternity about music through out...... Thank god that we are blessed with all these lovely voices. Life would have been a disaster without music...God bless all of them...

No comments: