Saturday, June 9, 2007

AAAAAAAA!!!! Curse or a Blessing...



As years pass by, the names which were so important in my life, has turned into mere names, with nothing else ringing bell. Why does that happen? Does it happen to all? What is the purpose of something so beautiful just turning so insignificant? If we all had some distant vision, would we have walked holding any relationship so close to your heart and ultimately have it stabbed so badly and walk with just scars inside, which even now bleeds? Is it God who plays behind all this? Well, Does God have time for all this? Finally, Who is God anyways?

As I was talking to my son, who is now 5, he suddenly asked me a weird question. He asked me whom all I knew died or passed away? I told him that I watched both my Grandpa's and my Grandma ( My father's mom) and My Dad and My Athai (both were doctors who passed away tragically at younger age) and two of my classmates (One was senthil kumar who committed suicide when he was in the first year of college and another friend who drowned and died) and a friend's husband who died when he was just around 26 leaving my friend and her 2 year old son and so on.

As I was listing and each time I said one name, A reel of images of them laughing with me and their faces at their death and all these painful things kept stirring in. Suddenly My son threw a question at me again, asking whether I will die? Well I didn't know what to say for less than a second. Then I had to lift my head and say "Yes! Pappa, Mommy will die one day too". His next question threw me off my balance totally. He asked me, " Mom! Then, Will I die too"?

What should I say to him? It was such a horror laden thought to think of my Son that way. But, I did not want to lie to him, So I told him, "Yes! Pappa, You will die some day too". He got a bit upset and said that he did not want to die. Well, Don't we all... Then, he just settled with something to play and left me with so many questions hanging in the air.

In most of the epics, I have heard of all Rishis and Gurus asking for not giving them rebirth again. Well, If I am asked, what will I say? I definitely don't want to be born, for sure... Too much pain...

One of the best part I liked in Mahabaratha is the final journey of all the Pandavas and Drowpathi and a Dog to heaven with their bodily forms. When everyone falls, King Dharuma will be the one with the Dog who would be standing in front of the Gates of Heaven, where He would be asked a lot of questions. One of the questions directed to him was WHAT IS THE MOST FUNNY THING IN THIS WORLD ?

Guess what would have been his answer. Well! He said that PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO DIE TOMORROW SIT AND CRY FOR THE PERSON WHO DIED TODAY, this is the most funny thing in this world. Thinking of which, It is such a true word but hard to digest.

Well! There will be an opening line in the animation movie called Antz where Woody Allen would have given voice to a character called Z. He would have been a depressed and confused ant who will have a session in his Psychiatrist and keep saying he feels so insignificant. And the Psychiatrist will shout, Well... Z! You have made a Breakthrough!!! YOU ARE INSIGNIFICANT!!!

There you go!!! Shout you people of earth! Time is of no concern, words are of no concern and nothing is of no concern, Coz, We are so insignificant... All we can do in this, is just live and let live happily.

No comments: